Advantages and disadvantages of DBMS
Client server database
A client-server database is a database system that interacts with a centrally controlled server. The original database is permanently stored on the server. From a distance, different users can access the database as part of a computer network system. In this case database users are called client / terminal.
Advantages of client-server database management
- The acceptability of the system increases as all the computers in the network work in unison.
- Communication costs are reduced.
- Increases user efficiency.
- It takes less time.
Distributed databases are multiple database systems connect to a centrally controlled server through a network. This method can have a central server (central server) and one or more sub-servers (sub-servers) or workstations under it. Database modification, editing etc. is do individually in each sub-server / workstation including central server. Central databases stored on central servers are modify or update according to the latest state of the workstation databases.
Advantages of distributed databases
- High demand data can be access quickly as it is close by.
- Processing is faster as each user uses a local database.
- Processing is independent, which is a problem for some workstations, but not for other workstations.
- Improving credibility.
- More data availability.
- Low cost communication.
- Local autonomy.
- Increased efficiency.
- Decreases working hours.
Disadvantages of distributed databases
Since the database is store in different places, there is a security problem
The advantage of web enabled database
Virtual community, relational database, instant feedback.
Every commonly available database management system has four essential components.
A database that enables interactive access to information, queries, orders, reports and tracking, and records through the Internet and web browsers is call a web-enabled database.
Advantages of Web Enable Database
- First, each DBMS has a model based on which DBMS databases are create and use. It is the basic structure of data storage. There are a number of structural criteria, including hierarchical, network, relational, and object. This structural system determines how DBMS will organize, store, and process database information.
Second, DBMS determines the structure or data structure of each data in the database. The database contains information in the form of text, images or videos. Data can be use for well-defined data structures while maintaining the accuracy of these different types of data.
Third, SQL is a data query language. It allows users to create databases, store data, process, search and perform various administrative tasks. Data Query Language is basically the language that connects the user with DBMS. The command that is give to a database in this language is called a query. Disables archiving, modification, search, and various administrative tasks without the permission of each user. As a result, unauthorized users cannot harm the information. As a result, the security of information can be ensure.